A phone isn’t just a phone anymore. Now, people are able to manage their entire lives from the palm of their hands. Choosing a device that is up to the task is not the simple matter it once was. There is a long list of factors to consider.
Whether it is deciding on the best feature phone for your everyday needs or a smartphone that can keep you connected. HMD Global, the home of Nokia phones want to empower people to feel good about keeping their devices for longer.
Here’s the top five reasons why you should choose a Nokia device:
- Affordability and value for money lead the way: most people are feeling the economic pinch and having to tighten their proverbial belts – so they are looking for an affordable phone that still houses high-end features to provide a top-quality experience. “We have a simple idea at the core of our operations: providing accessible connectivity for everyone,” says Shaun Durandt, General Manager at HMD Global, the home of Nokia phones Sub- Saharan Africa. “We know that price and value is the most important deciding factor when it comes to a phone purchase in Africa and we believe fundamentally that a phone belongs to everyone, no matter the budget – so we design our phones with this in mind, combining quality and durability with sleek design and innovations such as imaging algorithms and novel key component technology to provide a top-notch experience.”
- Security is built-in end-to-end in every device: in the digital age we live in, where the number, scale and sophistication of cyberattacks continues to evolve and grow, security is the bedrock that underpins every function and capability of a device. This is why every smartphone manufactured by HMD Global is built upon the foundations of security, reliability and dependability and receives regular software and security updates, no matter which segment it is made for. “We guarantee access to the latest applications and protection from the most recent security threats, offering up to three years of monthly security updates and operating system updates for two years for unrivalled protection for mobile technology built to last longer,” says Patrick Henchie, Head of Product and Operations, Sub Sahara Africa. Our devices are built to last. We create phones with robust hardware and secure, up-to-date software, that can be used by more people over a longer lifetime. The company continues to invest heavily in security and data protection, taking responsibility in privacy of personal data. Proudly Finnish, proudly European, and truly global, our Nordic heritage means that enterprises can trust that GDPR regulations are the foundation of our security and privacy policies.
- Sustainability is more than a buzzword – devices are designed and built sustainably: The company is in the top 6% of businesses audited for their commitment to sustainable practices in the manufacturing of communications equipment, earning HMD a Gold EcoVadis 2021 Sustainability Rating. Nokia phones are built to last with durability and longevity at their core. Nokia phones undergo over 50 rigorous tests, from force measurement to wear and scratch, as part of Standard Product Requirement tests. The assessments are known to be some of the most stringent in the industry and have been tried and tested over the years. “Our phones go through tougher and more testing parameters than the industry average during manufacturing to ensure that you can keep your phone in your hands and off the landfill for longer,” says Shaun.
- HMD Global offers micro financing solutions to help make phones more accessible and affordable: HMD Global has partners who offer a financing program that allows people to purchase devices in easy instalment plans. The device can be sold with a pre-loaded Soft Lock solution. Through this solution, the financing plan is secured against the device, which is automatically “locked” if payments cease – encouraging prompt payments and also allowing people without a credit record to buy a smartphone because the device itself is used as collateral. Customers are able to get immediate access to a smartphone, avoiding the high upfront retail cost, and pay for it in a way that is better suited to their income level and cash flow. This enables access to affordable devices with high-end features.
- Supporting the company means you are helping harness technology for good: “It is becoming increasingly clear that technology has the ability to act as a force for good, helping to solve real societal challenges – and HMD Global, the home of Nokia phones is committed to playing our part and forming partnerships to help create positive change in communities,” says Shaun. Partnerships include the Impumelelo Educare Centre, supporting a community initiative to improve Early Childhood Development, as well as with brand ambassador Buhle Sithela on his Vuma Pop-Up Cinema to create safe and accessible spaces for children in communities to watch animation films. Technology plays an important role in building communities and entrepreneurs – so it is vital to act as a driver of positive change collectively and actively.
HMD Global, the home of Nokia phones has had one mission in mind which is to make quality mobile technology accessible to everyone. With a broad range of devices, you are bound to find the perfect Nokia device for you.